A. Each local school system shall:
(1) Promptly provide homeless students with transportation services comparable to the transportation services provided to non-homeless students attending the school that is determined to be in the best interest of the homeless student; and
(2) Notify the student and parent of the availability of transportation services, if these services are necessary for the homeless student to attend the school which is in the student's best interest.
B. If the student requires transportation to attend the school that is determined to be in the student's best interest, transportation shall be provided:
(1) As long as the child or youth attends the school of origin and remains homeless; or
(2) Until the end of the current school year, if the child becomes permanently housed during the school year.
C. If the homeless child or youth no longer resides in the area served by the local school system of origin and the child or youth, though continuing education in the school of origin, begins living in an area served by another local school system:
(1) The local school system of origin and the local school system in which the homeless child or youth is living shall agree upon a method to apportion the responsibility and costs for providing the child with transportation to and from the school of origin; and
(2) If the local educational agencies are unable to agree upon a method under §C(1) of this regulation, the responsibility and costs for transportation shall be shared equally.