A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meaning indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) “Accessible” means fully and equally accessible for independent use by individuals with disabilities to online course content, materials, and features.
(2) “Blended course” means one in which less than 80 percent of the instruction is conducted online. Such a course is also referred to as a “hybrid course.”
(3) “Digital learning” means any instructional practice that effectively uses Internet-related technology to strengthen the student and/or educator learning experience.
(4) “Online course” means an Internet-based course in which 80 percent or more of the instruction is conducted online, the teacher and student are separated by distance or time or both, and two-way communication is required between teacher and student.
(5) “Review” means an analysis of a student or professional development online course by a panel of experts designated by the Department to determine whether the course shall be recommended for approval.
(6) “Vendor” means a person or organization that markets online courses or contracted online student seats in such courses.