A. An instructor certification issued under this chapter is valid for 2 years from the date of issuance.
B. An instructor certification shall automatically expire 2 years from the date of issuance, unless renewed by the Administration in accordance with the requirements of this regulation.
C. An applicant for renewal of an instructor certification shall submit a renewal application on a form required by the Administration with documentation attached signed by the certified school stating that the instructor:
(1) Has in the last 2 years taught a minimum of 30 hours of the program courses;
(2) Has in the last 2 years satisfactorily completed a minimum of 8 hours or 4 hours each year of professional development approved by the Administration; and
(3) Is in compliance with all the laws, regulations, policies, and rules governing the program.
D. Before the Administration approves a renewal, a certified instructor shall resolve pending charges and complaints and take appropriate remedial action while the existing school certification remains in force.
E. An instructor certification shall expire on the expiration date of the certification if the completed application for renewal was not received by the Administration at least 2 calendar weeks before the expiration date, as set forth in State Government Article, §10-226, Annotated Code of Maryland.
F. An instructor who submits a renewal application to the Administration after the certification has expired shall:
(1) Reapply for certification and meet all the qualifications for certification; and
(2) Demonstrate proficiency in teaching the program courses, as determined by the Administration.