A. An instructor certification and instructor certification badge may not be transferred, sold, or assigned.
B. An instructor certification badge, issued by the Administration, shall be worn by the certified instructor in full view and at all times when functioning in the capacity of an instructor.
C. A certified instructor shall:
(1) Use the program curriculum approved by the Administration; and
(2) Teach the program curriculum in accordance with the regulations, policies, standards, and guidelines established by the Administration.
D. A certified instructor may not use a cell phone or allow the student to use a cell phone in a moving motor vehicle while conducting behind-the-wheel instruction, except in the event of an emergency.
E. A certified instructor shall maintain:
(1) A valid driver's license to drive the class of vehicle in which instruction is to be given, with no driving restrictions, except for:
(a) Corrective lenses; or
(b) A restriction issued under Transportation Article, §16-203, Annotated Code of Maryland, for child support arrearages;
(2) A driving record with not more than four active points; and
(3) A satisfactory criminal history record, which means having no pending charges or criminal convictions for:
(a) Fraud in the operation of providing instruction;
(b) A crime of moral turpitude;
(c) A sex offense;
(d) Contributing to the delinquency of a minor;
(e) An offense involving a controlled dangerous substance;
(f) An offense involving alcohol or drugs while operating a motor vehicle; or
(g) A felony involving the use of a motor vehicle.
F. A certified instructor shall disclose any reportable medical conditions.
G. A certified instructor shall report to the employing school:
(1) Proof of all satisfactory completion of any professional development;
(2) Any complaints or charges for alleged violations that if proven would constitute grounds for refusal, cancellation, suspension, or revocation of the instructor certification, driver's license, or instructor license;
(3) Any convictions or other disposition of complaints or charges that would constitute grounds for refusal, cancellation, suspension, or revocation of the instructor's certification, driver's license, or instructor license; and
(4) Any reportable medical conditions.
H. A certified instructor shall report to the Administration, in writing, within 5 business days of any change in the information supplied in the latest application or renewal form submitted to the Administration.
I. An instructor certified by the Administration shall continuously follow all the requirements set forth in this chapter.