A. A certified school shall only:
(1) Employ instructors certified by the Administration to teach the program courses; and
(2) Use instructors who are employed by the certified school.
B. A certified school shall notify the Administration, in writing, within 5 business days of any newly employed instructors by the school or of any instructors terminated.
C. The Administration may monitor the driving records of all employed instructors, and report to a certified school any changes to the driving records of the instructors it employs.
D. A certified school shall require each employed instructor to notify the school immediately of any:
(1) Complaints or charges for alleged violations that, if proven, would constitute grounds for refusal, cancellation, suspension, or revocation of the instructor's certification, driver's license, or driving instructor's license; or
(2) Convictions or other dispositions of any complaints or charges that would constitute grounds for refusal, cancellation, suspension, or revocation of the instructor's certification, driver's license, or driving instructor's license.
E. A certified school may not allow a certified instructor to teach the program courses, if the instructor:
(1) Fails to maintain a valid driver license for the class of vehicle in which instruction is to be given, with no driving restrictions, except for:
(a) Corrective lenses; or
(b) A restriction issued under Transportation Article, §16-203, Annotated Code of Maryland, for child support arrearages;
(2) Has more than four active points on their current driving record;
(3) Fails to maintain satisfactory data on their criminal history record, as defined in Regulation .18 of this chapter; or
(4) Notifies the school of any reportable medical conditions.
F. A certified school shall be responsible for ensuring instructors follow all the requirements set forth in this chapter.
G. A certified school shall annually monitor and document on a form provided by the Administration an instructor's performance evaluation for proficiency in teaching the classroom and the behind-the-wheel instruction of the program courses and have the document available for review by the Administration.