A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the Motor Vehicle Administration.
(2) "Apprentice instructor" means an individual authorized by the Administration to give instruction in the driver education program courses under the supervision and mentoring of an experienced certified driver education instructor.
(3) "Day" means calendar day.
(4) "Driver education course" has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, §16-501, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(5) "Driver education instructor" or "certified instructor" has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, §16-501, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(6) "Driver education program" or "program" has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, §16-501, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(7) "Driver education school" or "certified school" has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, §16-501, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(8) "Instructor certification courses" means the training courses approved by the Administration that an individual is required to complete to obtain certification by the Administration to teach the driver education program.
(9) "Instructor trainer" means an individual trained and approved by the Administration to conduct the approved instructor certification courses.
(10) "Program completion certification" or "driver education program completion certification" means the documentation or electronic information submitted by a certified school to the Administration that verifies an individual has successfully completed the driver education program.
(11) "Reportable medical condition" means any medical disorder set forth in COMAR 11.17.03.02-1 that an applicant for a driver's license, if diagnosed as having, is required to report to the Administration.
(12) "School" means a business entity, organization, institution, or individual authorized to provide the driver education program, whether or not the program or courses are conducted for profit.
(13) "School certification" means the approval issued by the Administration that authorizes a drivers' school to conduct the driver education program required to obtain a noncommercial driver's license.
(14) "Student" means an individual enrolled in a driver education program.
(15) "Supervision" means the act of mentoring by an experienced instructor to oversee and provide guidance to an inexperienced instructor.
(16) "Training vehicle" means a passenger vehicle used to teach the behind-the-wheel instruction of the driver education program.