A. In this subtitle, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration of the Maryland Department of Transportation.
(2) "Department" means the Department of State Police.
(3) "Operator" means any person who drives, operates, moves, or is in physical control of a vehicle or combination of vehicles.
(4) "Preventive maintenance program" means a systematic vehicle inspection, service, repair, and maintenance program requiring specified equipment on certain vehicles to be maintained in a safe operating condition.
(5) "Rejection" for the purpose of these regulations means repair.
(6) "Vehicle" for the purpose of these regulations means any vehicle registered under the Transportation Article, Title 13, Annotated Code of Maryland, as:
(a) A Class E (truck) vehicle with a registered gross vehicle weight greater than 10,000 pounds;
(b) A Class E (truck) vehicle with a registered combination vehicle weight greater than 10,000 pounds when operated in combination with a freight trailer or semitrailer;
(c) A Class F (tractor) vehicle;
(d) A Class G (freight trailer or semitrailer) vehicle, for which the owner pays a flat registration fee;
(e) A Class M (multipurpose passenger) vehicle which has a seating capacity for 16 or more passengers including the driver, or was previously registered as a Class H (school) vehicle or a Class P (passenger bus) vehicle, and which is used to primarily transport passengers;
(f) A Class P (passenger bus) vehicle; or
(g) Any vehicle or combination of vehicles owned by this State or any political subdivision of this State which are:
(i) Single unit trucks with a gross vehicle weight greater than 10,000 pounds,
(ii) Single unit trucks with a gross combination vehicle weight greater than 10,000 pounds when operated in combination with a freight trailer or semitrailer,
(iii) Truck tractor vehicles,
(iv) Freight trailer or semitrailer vehicles, and
(v) Buses designed and used to carry more than 10 people and not regulated by Transportation Article, §25-110, Annotated Code of Maryland.