A. School vehicles shall be acceptance inspected for registration by:
(1) An MVA compliance agent; or
(2) The supervisor or director of transportation of a local school system or a representative appointed by the supervisor or director of transportation.
B. After completing the acceptance inspection of a school vehicle, the MVA compliance agent shall:
(1) If submitting the inspection certification in paper form to the Administration:
(a) Complete the prenumbered inspection certification in ink;
(b) Issue the white copy of the inspection certification to the school vehicle owner; and
(c) Return one copy of the certification to the Administrationís Vehicle Inspection Services Division; or
(2) Submit electronically to the Administrationís Vehicle Inspection Services Division.
C. The school vehicle owner shall submit the original inspection certification to the Administration when applying for tags. Copies of the inspection certification may not be accepted.
D. If an original inspection certification is lost, a duplicate shall be issued and cross-reference shall be made to the original certification.
E. If an original inspection certification is damaged, incorrect, or illegible:
(1) All copies shall be marked VOID and returned to the Administration's Vehicle Inspection Services Division; and
(2) A duplicate shall be issued and cross-reference shall be made to the original certification.
F. The supervisor or director of transportation of the local school system shall:
(1) Submit inspection certifications as follows:
(a) If submitting the inspection certification in paper form to the Administration:
(i) Issue the inspection certification in strict numbered sequence;
(ii) Maintain strict security of unused inspection certifications in a locked safe, cabinet, or desk;
(iii) Ensure that only designated personnel have access to the inspection certifications;
(iv) Immediately notify the Administration if any inspection certifications are stolen, lost, or destroyed; and
(v) Make certifications available for audit by the Administration during duty hours of the school system involved; or
(b) Submit electronically; and
(2) Notify the Administration when any change in the supervisor or director of transportation position is made.
G. The Vehicle Inspection Services Division shall notify the Administrationís Vehicle Registration Section not to accept stolen, lost, or destroyed certifications, which the Administration is notified of, under §F(1)(a)(iv) of this regulation.
H. The administrative penalties for failure to comply with this regulation are:
(1) Confiscation of all inspection certification forms by the Administration; and
(2) Suspension of the authority of the supervisor or director of transportation and their representative to issue inspection certification.