A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the Motor Vehicle Administration.
(2) "Board of Education" means a local public school system.
(3) "Certification" means a signed statement, made under penalty of perjury, on a form provided by the Administration.
(4) “Head start vehicle” has the meaning defined in Transportation Article, §11-154(a)(2)(iii), Annotated Code of Maryland.
(5) “Head start vehicle inspection” means an annual Type A inspection of a head start vehicle completed by an inspection mechanic at an authorized Maryland State Inspection facility.
(6) “Inspection mechanic” means an individual that is licensed by the Administration or Automotive Safety Enforcement Division to perform vehicle safety inspections on a specific class of vehicles.
(7) "Major defect" means damage or wear which is cause for rejection under COMAR 11.14.02 or 11.14.04, and other damage, wear, or missing equipment or part which may make the vehicle unfit or unsafe for the transportation of passengers.
(8) "Minor defect" means damage or wear not specified as a major defect.
(9) "MVA compliance agent" means an authorized representative of the Administration's Vehicle Inspection Services Division.
(10) "School vehicle" has the meaning defined in Transportation Article, §11-154, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(11) "School vehicle repair order" means a written order to repair defective equipment on a school vehicle, issued by a MVA compliance agent.
(12) "Type A inspection" means an inspection of a school vehicle that includes the inspection of the items set forth in COMAR 11.14.02 and 11.14.04 for Type I and Type II school vehicles.
(13) "Type B inspection" means an inspection of a school vehicle that includes the inspection of all items in a Type A inspection, except those which require removing the wheels of the school vehicle.