A. A crossing arm may be installed on the far right of the front bumper. The crossing arm:
(1) Shall be securely bolt-mounted;
(2) Shall be easily removable for towing;
(3) Shall be activated simultaneously with the stop arm;
(4) May not open more than 90 degrees;
(5) Shall extend a minimum of 66 inches from the front of the bumper when activated;
(6) May not have sharp edges or projections which may cause injury to students; and
(7) Shall be air, vacuum, or electrically operated and may not have lights.
B. Interrupt Switch.
(1) A crossing arm interrupt switch may be installed on the dash near the control box for the alternating flashing lights.
(2) Pressing the switch shall stop the arm from opening for a full cycle and the arm shall recycle after the alternating flashing lights have been deactivated.