A. Fire Extinguisher. The vehicle shall be equipped with at least one 5-pound capacity, pressurized, dry chemical fire extinguisher complete with hose. The extinguisher shall:
(1) Be mounted in a bracket located below the window line in the driver's compartment and shall be readily accessible;
(2) Be equipped with a pressure gauge mounted on the extinguisher so as to be easily read without moving the extinguisher from its mounted position;
(3) Be of a type with a total rating of 2A 10 ABC or greater; and
(4) Have an operating mechanism sealed with a type of seal which does not interfere with the use of the fire extinguisher.
B. First Aid Kit. Type II school vehicles shall carry a weatherproof first aid kit, removable and readily identifiable, mounted in an accessible, nonenclosed location in the driver's compartment. The kit shall contain at a minimum, the contents suggested by the National Standards for School Transportation Specifications and Procedures.
C. Reflectors and Flares.
(1) The vehicle shall be equipped with three red triangular emergency reflectors in a suitable holder located in the driver's area.
(2) The vehicle shall be equipped with three 30-minute stand-up lean-to flares stored in a red canister in the driver's area.
D. A locking device on the storage door for emergency equipment is prohibited.
E. Body Fluid Clean-Up Kit. Each bus shall have a removable and moisture-proof body fluid clean-up kit. The kit shall be properly mounted in the driverís compartment and identified as a body fluid clean-up kit.
F. The safety equipment may be stored in a non-locking compartment that is permanently labeled "Safety Equipment Inside".