A. A front bumper shall be provided, and shall:
(1) Be painted black;
(2) Extend to protect the outer edges of the fenders;
(3) Be of sufficient strength to permit pushing another vehicle of comparable weight without permanent deformation; and
(4) Be located at a height of between 14 inches and 18 inches when measured from the bottom edge of the bumper to the level surface on which the unloaded bus stands.
B. A rear bumper shall be provided by the body manufacturer and it shall:
(1) Have at least a 7-inch face;
(2) Be at least 3/16 inch thick steel, or equivalent material;
(3) Be attached directly to the chassis frame with provisions for easy removal;
(4) Be constructed so as to prevent hitching to or riding on it;
(5) Be of sufficient strength to permit the vehicle to be pushed by another vehicle without permanent distortion;
(6) Extend at least 1 inch beyond the rearmost part of the body surface measured at the floor line;
(7) Be painted black; and
(8) Be located at a height of between 14 inches and 18 inches from the bottom edge to the level surface upon which the unloaded vehicle stands.