A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the Motor Vehicle Administration.
(2) “Comptroller” means the Comptroller of Maryland.
(3) “Identification card” means a photo identification card issued under Transportation Article, §12-301, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(4) “Individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN)” means a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service.
(a) "License" means an original, renewal, duplicate, or corrected driver's license or permit to drive a motor vehicle issued by the Administration; and
(b) "License" includes a:
(i) Learner's instructional permit;
(ii) Moped operator's permit;
(iii) Provisional license; or
(iv) Commercial driver's license.
(6) "Name" has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, §11-137, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(7) "Noncompliant" means a license or identification card not acceptable by federal agencies for official purposes.
(8) "Renewal" means a license or identification card issued to replace an expiring license or identification card.
(9) "Residence" has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, §11-149, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(10) “SSN” means Social Security number issued by the Social Security Administration.
(11) "Source document" means the original or a certified copy of a document acceptable to the Administration that is submitted by an applicant for a license or identification card.
(12) "State" means any state, possession, or territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a province or territory of Canada.