A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the Motor Vehicle Administration.
(2) "Emergency vehicle" means a commercial motor vehicle that is:
(a) Owned or operated by a Maryland fire and rescue organization;
(b) Authorized and used for emergency or rescue purposes; and
(c) Exempt from the Class A and B licensing requirements as authorized under Transportation Article, §16-102(a)(12), Annotated Code of Maryland.
(3) "Emergency vehicle operator" is a member or employee of a Maryland fire and rescue organization that is authorized to operate an emergency vehicle in the performance of official duties.
(4) "Emergency vehicle operator card" means a card:
(a) Approved by the Administration;
(b) Issued by the designated officer having jurisdiction for the Maryland fire and rescue organization; and
(c) Certifying that an individual:
(i) Has successfully completed an approved emergency vehicle operator training course; and
(ii) Is qualified to operate an emergency vehicle.
(5) "Emergency vehicle operator course" means an emergency vehicle training and testing course approved by the Maryland Fire and Rescue Education and Training Commission to train, test, and qualify individuals as emergency vehicle operators.
(6) "Fire and rescue organization" means a Maryland fire department, rescue squad, emergency medical services unit, or volunteer fire company that is authorized to operate emergency vehicles for fire and rescue purposes.