A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the Motor Vehicle Administration.
(2) "Chief executive officer" means the sheriff, superintendent of police, commissioner of police, police chief, deputy or assistant chief of police, or an individual having an equivalent title who is appointed or employed by a government agency to exercise equivalent supervisory authority.
(3) "Designee" means a supervisory police officer.
(4) "Disposition of traffic citation" means a traffic citation that has been accounted for by:
(b) Dismissal of the charges or other official action by a judge of the court;
(c) Forfeiture of the collateral (if authorized by the court);
(d) Payment of a fine;
(e) Nolle pros;
(g) Voided; or
(h) Police report.
(5) "Inventory withdrawal form" means a requisition form issued by the Administration that authorizes the release of traffic citations to a law enforcement agency.
(6) "Law enforcement agency" means:
(a) A governmental police force or law enforcement agency of the State, county, or municipality which has by statute, ordinance, or common law, the authority for enforcing the general traffic laws of this State;
(b) The Investigative Division of the Administration, which has the authority to issue citations as specified in Transportation Article, §12-104.1, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(7) "Outstanding traffic citation" means a traffic citation that has not been issued by a police officer or accounted for by the court.
(8) "Police officer" means an individual who has the authority to write traffic citations in this State.
(9) "Police report" means a report, submitted to the Administration by a law enforcement agency, which explains why the citations cannot be located.
(10) "Traffic citation" means a Maryland Uniform Complaint and Citation.