A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the Motor Vehicle Administration.
(2) "Birth certificate" means:
(a) An original birth certificate or certified copy of the original birth certificate issued by a state or a territory of the United States; or
(b) Record of birth issued by the State Office of Vital Records or the equivalent agency in the applicant's state of birth.
(3) “Compliant” means a license or identification card that meets federal REAL ID standards.
(4) "Full name" means an applicant's first, middle, and last name or surname, and suffix, if applicable, without the use of titles, initials or nicknames.
(5) "Identification card" means a photo identification card issued under Transportation Article, §12-301, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(6) "Lawful status" has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, §11-127.1, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(a) "License" means an original, renewal, duplicate, or corrected driver's license or permit to drive a motor vehicle issued by the Administration; and
(b) "License" includes a:
(i) Temporary license;
(ii) Learner's instructional permit;
(iii) Moped operator's permit;
(iv) Provisional license; or
(v) Commercial driver's license.
(8) “Limited Term” means a compliant license or identification card where the term expires at:
(a) The expiration date of the applicant’s authorized stay in the United States; or
(b) If there is no verifiable expiration date, no longer than 1 year from date of issuance.
(9) "Noncompliant" means a license or identification card that does meet federal REAL ID standards and is not acceptable by federal agencies for official purposes.
(10) “Nursing home" means either:
(a) A comprehensive care facility, as defined in COMAR 10.07.02.01B(6); or
(b) An extended care facility, as defined in COMAR 10.07.02.01B(12).
(11) "Renewal" means a license or identification card issued to replace an expiring license or identification card.
(12) "Residence" has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, §11-149, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(13) “SSA” means Social Security Administration.
(14) “SSN” means a Social Security number assigned by the Social Security Administration.
(15) "SSN non-match" means a Social Security number (SSN) which cannot be verified electronically with the Social Security Administration.
(16) "Source document" means the original or a certified copy of a document acceptable to the Administration that is submitted by an applicant for a license or identification card.
(17) "State" means any state, possession, or territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a province or territory of Canada.
(18) "Temporary lawful status" has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, §11-165.1, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(19) “U.S. DHS” means the United States Department of Homeland Security.