A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meaning indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the Motor Vehicle Administration.
(2) "Bioptic telescopic lens" means a spectacle-mounted telescopic lens which is a corrective lens and which uses magnification as the main means of obtaining minimal visual acuity.
(3) "Carrier lens" means a lens on which a bioptic telescopic lens is mounted.
(4) Corrective Lens.
(a) "Corrective lens" means a lens which improves a refractive condition in the eye.
(b) "Corrective lens" as used in this chapter does not include a bioptic telescopic lens.
(5) "Field expander" means a wide-angle lens that makes objects look smaller and further away.
(6) "Gross vehicle weight (GVW)" means the greatest of the following weights for a single vehicle or combination of vehicles:
(a) The value specified by the manufacturer or manufacturers as the maximum gross weight;
(b) The registered gross weight; or
(c) The actual operating weight.
(7) "Knowledge test" means a written, computer-assisted, or oral test covering the Maryland rules of the road which is administered to an applicant for a Maryland driver's license.
(8) "Skills test" means a two-part driving test given to assess an applicant's ability to drive a motor vehicle under the provisions of this chapter, with the test consisting of a:
(a) Basic skills test conducted on a driving course; and
(b) Road test designed to test the applicant's ability to operate a motor vehicle in traffic conditions.