A. The total purchase price or taxable price of a vehicle is determined by the certified selling price agreed on by the buyer and the seller, including any dealer processing charges as defined in Transportation Article, §15-311.1, Annotated Code of Maryland, less an allowance for the trade-in. There is no other nonmonetary consideration.
B. The taxable price of the vehicle shall include:
(1) The retail purchase price;
(2) The shipping or freight charges;
(3) After manufacture items included with the vehicle at time of purchase; and
(4) Manufacturer rebates.
D. A dealer may not include the cost for any nontaxable items when determining the taxable price of the vehicle. Nontaxable items include:
(1) Dealer trade-in allowance;
(2) Dealer discounts or rebates;
(3) Extended warranties;
(4) Mechanical repair contracts;
(5) Federal excise tax;
(6) Electronic registration fee; and
(7) Equipment installed to accommodate a disabled person.