A. The Administration, in accordance with procurement procedures established by the laws of Maryland, may accept proposals and execute agreements with independent contractors.
B. The agreement shall be made and entered into in Maryland, and under the laws of Maryland.
C. The laws of Maryland shall govern the resolution of any issues arising in connection with the agreement, including but not limited to:
(1) All questions concerning the validity of the agreement;
(2) The capacity of the parties to enter into a agreement;
(3) Any modification or amendment to the agreement; and
(4) The rights and obligations under the agreement.
D. The agreement:
(1) Shall be the exclusive statement of the parties with respect to its subject matter;
(2) May not be modified, in any manner, except by written amendment that has been executed by the parties and approved according to the procedures established by State law and regulation; and
(3) May not be assigned except by written amendment that has been executed by the parties and approved according to the procedures established by State law and regulation.
E. Severability. If any provision or portion of an agreement is determined by a court of law to be void, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable, that provision or portion may be renegotiated by the parties, but the remainder of the agreement shall remain in effect.