A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the Motor Vehicle Administration.
(2) "Authorized user" means an employee of an authorized participant who is designated by that participant to use the electronic system.
(3) "Authorized user affidavit" means a written agreement between the Administration and an authorized user of the electronic system.
(4) "Contractor" means a person who has entered into an agreement with the Administration to provide an electronic system that links the Administration with authorized participants, for the purpose of accessing vehicle information and processing vehicle title and registration transactions electronically.
(5) "Contractor's agreement" means a written agreement between the Administration and a contractor who establishes and provides an electronic system.
(6) "Electronic system" means the host system and computer program established by the contractor, and approved by the Administration, used by participants to electronically access vehicle information and process vehicle title and registration transactions.
(7) "Electronic system agreement" means a written agreement between a contractor and a participant that allows the use of the electronic system and establishes the fees paid to the contractor by the participant.
(8) "Host system" means the computer system created by the contractor as an interface between the participant's and the Administration's computer.
(9) "Participant" means a "service provider" as defined in Transportation Article, §13-610, Annotated Code of Maryland, who has entered into an agreement with the Administration and a contractor who provides the participant use of the electronic system.
(10) "Participant's agreement" means a written agreement between the Administration and the participant that authorizes electronic access to Administration records for the limited purpose of titling and registering vehicles in Maryland.
(11) "Program" means the computer program established by the contractor, and approved by the Administration, to electronically access vehicle information and process vehicle title and registration transactions.
(12) "Registered agent" means a person registered with the State Department of Assessments and Taxation as agent for service of process on the contractor.
(13) "Soundex code" means an identification code issued by the Administration to an individual or company for the purpose of entering, locating, and retrieving information in a database.