A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Authorized dealer" means a Maryland dealer licensed as a truck inspection station.
(2) "Dump service registration" means registration of a vehicle under the provisions of Transportation Article, §13-919, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(3) “Gross vehicle weight (GVW)” means the total vehicle weight, including load, as designated by the vehicle manufacturer.
(4) "Lift axle" means a variable load suspension axle that can be raised and lowered, and is capable of carrying a minimum axle load of 13,500 pounds to support the weight of a loaded vehicle operating with a gross vehicle weight of 70,000 pounds, with a maximum tolerance of minus 1,500 pounds when the lift axle is fully engaged.
(5) "Second-stage manufacturer" means a person who performs operations on an incomplete vehicle, or retrofits an existing vehicle, so that it becomes a complete vehicle in accordance with these regulations and with Transportation Article, §13-919, Annotated Code of Maryland.