A. In these regulations, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the Motor Vehicle Administration.
(2) "Owner" means a person in whose name or names a vehicle is properly registered.
(3) "Person" means an individual, receiver, trustee, guardian, executor, administrator, fiduciary, or representative of any kind and any partnership, firm, association, public or private corporation, or other entity.
(4) "Preceding year" means the period of 12 consecutive months immediately before September 1st of the year immediately preceding the beginning of the registration year for which proportional registration is sought.
(5) "Rental fleet" means five or more rental vehicles which are rented or offered for rent without drivers and are designated by a rental owner as a rental fleet.
(6) "Rental owner" means an owner principally engaged, with respect to one or more rental fleets, in renting or offering for re-rental to others the vehicles of these fleets without drivers.
(7) "Rental vehicle" means any vehicle that is part of a rental fleet.
(8) "Renting" means the giving or possession and control of a rental vehicle for valuable consideration for a specified period of time not to exceed 180 days.
(9) "State" means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a province or territory of Canada.