A. Qualifications. In order to insure a sufficient number and availability of locations where an owner or operator of a commercial vehicle may purchase a temporary trip permit or temporary operating authority, as required by Transportation Article, §12-406, Annotated Code of Maryland, before entering this State or placing a newly acquired vehicle in service, the Administration, in its discretion, may license applicants to issue trip permits or temporary operating authority if they meet the following qualifications:
(1) The applicant shall have 3 years' experience in the issuance of trip permits or other similar experience as determined by the Administration;
(2) The applicant shall possess a Business Rating Reputation, and capability satisfactory to the Administration;
(3) The applicant shall agree to and is capable of providing the service at all times specified by the Administration;
(4) The applicant shall agree to deliver copies of all issued or voided trip permits or temporary operating authorities to the offices of the Administration by the next working day;
(5) The applicant shall demonstrate to the Administration that he or she possesses the financial capability to purchase trip permits from the Administration in advance of sale in quantities specified by the Administration.
B. Issuance of Trip Permits/Temporary Operating Authorities by Licensees.
(1) Licensees shall purchase from the Administration and sell trip permits/temporary operating authorizations in the manner prescribed by the Administration.
(2) The licensee may charge the purchaser of a trip permit/temporary operating authorities a fee for its service not to exceed the rate established by the Administration.
C. Liability. The Administration is not liable for the illegal or improper acts of its licensees.
D. Inspection of Record. The applicant agrees to the availability and inspection of all its records by the Administration during normal business hours, for the determination of compliance with the Administration requirements and regulations.
E. Transferability and Revocation of License.
(1) The license to sell temporary trip permits and temporary authorizations shall be nontransferable and revocable for or for no cause, 10 days after written notice from the Administration has been received by the licensee that the license is revoked.
(2) Licensees may terminate the license by giving 30 days written notice to the Administration. If the license arrangement is cancelled by either party, the licensee shall promptly turn in to the offices of the Administration all unissued trip permits and the Administration shall refund their cost.