A. Before notifying the Administration to flag the vehicle registration for failure to satisfy fines and penalties as a result of parking and traffic control device violations, the jurisdiction shall notify the vehicle owner:
(1) Of the jurisdiction's intent to request that the Administration flag the vehicle's registration;
(2) That the Administration will assess an administrative flagging fee which shall be paid to the Administration in addition to any fee or penalty assessed by the jurisdiction for each parking and traffic control device violation reported;
(3) That failure to pay any fee or penalty assessed by the jurisdiction and the Administration for a parking and traffic control device violation will prevent renewal of the vehicle registration; and
(4) That failure to pay the administrative flagging fee to the Administration will result in the account being referred to the Maryland Central Collection Unit for collection purposes.
B. After notifying the vehicle owner, the jurisdiction shall notify the Administration:
(1) To flag the vehicle registration of owners who fail to pay parking and traffic control device violations by a file transfer protocol process approved by the Administration; and
(2) Of the citation number associated with each parking or traffic control device violation reported.
C. Jurisdictions currently reporting information to the Administration by tape or cartridge shall migrate to a file transfer protocol process.
D. The Administration shall generate an invoice for administrative flag fees for vehicle registrations flagged under this chapter.