A. Two-Year Registration. Each new vehicle registration plate issued in conjunction with the titling of a vehicle or a registration renewal, except for the vehicle classes specified in §B of this regulation, shall be for a 2-year period, unless otherwise approved by the Administration.
B. 1-Year Registration. Each new vehicle registration plate issued in conjunction with the titling of a vehicle or a registration renewal shall be issued for a 1-year period for the following classes of vehicles:
(1) Class E, trucks 10,000 pounds or over in gross vehicle weight;
(2) Class F, tractors;
(3) Class J, van pool;
(4) Class P, passenger buses;
(5) Class T, tow trucks;
(6) Class M, bus; and
(7) Other vehicle classes as approved by the Administration.
C. Registration renewals shall be due on or before the last day of the month stated on the registration card.
D. Refund of Registration Fees.
(1) If a registration issued under this regulation is cancelled before the beginning of the second full year, the Administration shall refund the fees paid for the second registration year.
(2) Requests for refunds shall be submitted in writing after the cancellation of the registration and before the first day of the second registration year.
(3) If a request for a refund is submitted for a registration that is flagged, suspended, or flagged and suspended where a fee is required prior to release of the flag, suspension, or both, the Administration may not process the request until the flag is released and or the suspension is withdrawn.
(4) A refund may not be processed if the registration plates and stickers are not returned to the Administration.