A. Each registration card or temporary authorization certificate shall be carried:
(1) In the vehicle to which it refers; or
(2) By the individual driving or in control of the vehicle.
B. Registration Plates and Validation Stickers.
(1) Registration plates shall be affixed to the vehicle as prescribed under Transportation Article, §13-411.
(2) Except as provided under §B(3) of this regulation, validation stickers shall be displayed on the rear registration plate on or before the expiration date of the registration.
(3) Validation stickers for Class F vehicles shall be displayed on the front registration plate.
(1) Validation stickers or a temporary authorization certificate may be issued as evidence of payment of the annual registration fee of the vehicle.
(2) Separate validation stickers may be issued to indicate the month of expiration and the year of expiration.
(3) Upon subsequent renewals, a validation sticker for only the year of expiration may be issued.
(4) A temporary authorization certificate may be issued pending issuance of a validation sticker for the registration year.
D. The Administration shall provide for the manufacture and issuance of new registration plates, which:
(1) Shall be issued and displayed in the manner specified by the Administration; and
(2) May be validated as provided in §C of this regulation.
E. County Sticker.
(1) The owner of a class vehicle specified in Transportation Article, §13-410, Annotated Code of Maryland, may display on a registration plate the name of the county in which the owner resides.
(2) The owner of a vehicle may obtain a county sticker that is approved and offered by the Administration.
(3) A county sticker shall be:
(a) Displayed on the rear registration plate in the manner specified by the Administration;
(b) Issued only in the name of the county in which the vehicle owner resides; and
(c) Displayed only on the vehicle for which it was issued.
(4) A county sticker may not be displayed on special or commemorative registration plates.