A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the Motor Vehicle Administration.
(2) "Applicant" means the person requesting a certificate of title for a vehicle.
(3) "ASED" means the Automotive Safety Enforcement Division of the Department of State Police.
(4) "Bill of sale" means a written statement certifying the:
(a) Ownership of something has been transferred; and
(b) Exchange of property for an agreed sum of money or other valuable consideration.
(5) Certificate of Title.
(a) "Certificate of title" means a document evidencing ownership and commonly associated with motor vehicles.
(b) “Certificate of title does not include a salvage certificate.
(6) "Dealer" has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, §11-111, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(7) "Vehicle" has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, §11-176, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(8) “Vehicle identification number (VIN)” has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, §11-177, Annotated Code of Maryland.