A. General Requirements.
(1) For on-highway emissions tests, the Contractor shall measure vehicle exhaust emissions of hydrocarbons, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and oxides of nitrogen emissions.
(2) The contractor shall conduct testing in each jurisdiction in the inspection area at least once each year, or as directed by the Administration and the Department, and shall test at least 0.5 percent of the affected vehicles in each jurisdiction.
(3) The contractor shall submit the schedule of the test date, time, and location to the Administration and the Department not less than 5 days and not more than 15 days in advance of the test date.
B. Test Procedure. The contractor shall follow the test procedures specified by the equipment manufacturer, the Administration, and the Department.
C. Test Equipment. The contractor shall use remote sensing equipment which has been approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the Administration, and the Department.
D. Quality Assurance and Maintenance. The contractor shall submit a quality assurance and maintenance plan for on-highway emissions testing equipment and procedures to the Administration and the Department for approval. The plan shall include test assurance procedures, periodic quality assurance checks, and, at a minimum, the maintenance procedures specified by the equipment manufacturer.
E. Data Collection and Reporting.
(1) The contractor shall submit a data collection and reporting plan for on-highway emissions testing to the Administration and the Department for approval. At a minimum, the contractor shall collect the following data:
(a) Vehicle exhaust emissions measurements specified in §A(1) of this regulation;
(b) The date, time, and location of the test; and
(c) The license plate number of the test vehicle.
(2) Within the time frame approved by the Administration and the Department in the data collection and reporting plan, the Contractor shall report the test data specified in §E(1) of this regulation to the Administration and the Department in a format approved by the Administration and the Department.
(3) Within 15 days after the end of the calendar year, the contractor shall submit a report of all on-highway emissions tests for the calendar year to the Administration and the Department, including, by jurisdiction, the number of vehicles tested and the dates, times, and locations of the tests.