A. Inspector Training.
(1) The contractor shall develop, maintain, and modify, as required by the Administration and the Department, an inspector training program to include both classroom and hands-on training, with provisions for initial and periodic in-service training.
(2) The contractor shall use the training program after the program has been approved by the Administration and the Department.
(3) The contractor shall provide training that meets the provisions of this chapter to each inspector before the inspector may perform inspections.
(4) The contractor shall provide periodic in-service inspector training over a period established by the Administration and the Department.
B. Inspector Performance.
(1) The performance of an inspector may be periodically reviewed by the Administration and the Department, either overtly or covertly.
(a) The contractor shall ensure that any failure of an inspector at a vehicle emissions inspection station to adequately implement the provisions of this chapter is corrected.
(b) Correction may include retraining or dismissal of the inspector.