A. General Requirements.
(1) The contractor shall operate each vehicle emissions inspection station with contractor personnel, with overall supervision by the Administration and the Department.
(2) The contractor shall make available to the Administration or the Department, as required, vehicle emissions inspection station equipment and personnel to perform quality assurance checks, program evaluation functions, and referee inspections.
(3) The contractor shall collect, maintain, and make available to the Administration and the Department, as required, inspection data and inspection station operation data in compliance with the provisions of this chapter.
(4) The contractor, or a person employed by the contractor for inspection station operation, may not:
(a) Engage in, or have an interest in, the operation of automotive repair facilities located within the State;
(b) Perform emissions-related repairs for compensation;
(c) Recommend specific repairs or repair facilities to owners or operators of vehicles being inspected; or
(d) Promote the sale of vehicle diagnostic or repair equipment through the vehicle emissions inspection program.
(1) The contractor shall collect the fee established in COMAR 11.11.05 from the vehicle owner for an initial inspection or a second or subsequent reinspection.
(2) The contractor shall collect the late fee established in COMAR 11.11.05 from a vehicle owner for an initial inspection which is performed after the date of scheduled inspection, or for a reinspection which is performed after the period of permitted operation.
(3) The contractor shall collect the fee established in COMAR 11.11.05 from the vehicle owner for an inspection performed but not required under this chapter.
(4) The contractor shall accept payment of inspection, reinspection, and late fees in cash or personal check, or with a major credit card which has been approved for use by the Administration.
(5) If a certificate is lost or damaged, a vehicle owner may obtain certification from the Administration as to whether the vehicle is in compliance with emissions inspection requirements. The vehicle owner shall pay the fee established in COMAR 11.11.05.