A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "dB(A)" means the accepted abbreviation for A-weighted sound level in decibels.
(2) "GCWR" means gross combination weight rating.
(3) "GVWR" means gross vehicle weight rating.
(4) "Ground cover" means any various low, dense growing plants, such as ivy, myrtle, low weeds, or brush.
(5) "Hard test site" means any test site having the ground surface covered with concrete, asphalt, packed dirt, gravel, or similar reflective material for more than 1/2 the distance between the microphone target point and the microphone location point.
(a) "Highway" has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, §11-127, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(b) "Highway" includes any road owned by or under the control of the State or any of its political subdivisions that is open to vehicular traffic and used by the public in general.
(7) "ISO" means the International Organization for Standardization.
(8) "Lmax" means maximum sound level measurement.
(9) "SAE" means Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc., or its successor bodies.
(10) "Soft test site" means any test site having the ground surface covered with grass, other ground cover, or similar absorptive material for 1/2 or more of the distance between the microphone target and the microphone location point.
(11) "Sound level" means the A-weighted sound level obtained by the use of fast meter response and A-weighting characteristic specified in American National Standard S1.41971 "Specification for Sound Level Meters."