Fender inspection shall include condition, mounting, and coverage of wheels and tires. If the body of the vehicle does not provide coverage, the vehicle shall then be equipped with suitable metal protectors or substantial flexible flaps behind the rearmost wheels of the vehicle.
|Procedures||Reject Vehicle If:|
|A. Fenders shall be securely attached to the vehicle and inspected for tears, sharp or jagged edges, sufficient coverage of the wheel and tire both from the body outward and to the front and rear of tires and wheels. Fenders may be extended outward to compensate for tire and wheel changes provided these extensions:||
(1) Fender has tears, sharp or jagged edges.
(2) Fender is not securely fastened to the body.
(3) Fender does not extend outward from the body to cover the top of the wheel and tire.
(1) Provide required coverage of wheels and tires;
(2) Are constructed of substantial materials;
|(4) The rear of all fenders do not extend downward to the horizontal centerline of the wheel.|
(3) Are securely attached to fenders the fenders;
(4) Have all edges rolled to eliminate sharp or jagged edges;
|(5) Fronts of all fenders do not extend forward from the vertical centerline of the wheel to at least within a 45-degree angle of the horizontal centerline.|
(5) Do not contact tires during different vehicle attitudes;
(6) On trucks and truck tractors, applies only to front fenders and rear fenders when equipped.
|(6) Fender has been extended downward to compensate for suspension modifications.|
|(7) Fender is missing.|
|(8) The vehicle is not equipped with flaps behind the rear wheels when required.|