A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the Motor Vehicle Administration.
(2) "Alcohol and Drug Abuse Administration" means the agency within the Maryland Department of Health that approves and certifies programs for the prevention and treatment of alcohol and drug abuse.
(3) "Alternate format" means a program approved by the Administration, which is taught with web-based or other electronic learning tools.
(4) "Alternate format provider" means a provider approved by the Administration to provide a program under Regulation .01 of this chapter in both classroom and alternate formats.
(5) "Attend" means to complete all:
(a) The classroom units of instruction in the approved curriculum and pass the end of program test; or
(b) Instructional units of the approved curriculum presented in an alternate format and pass the end of program test.
(6) "Classroom format" means a program conducted with the participant and an approved instructor in a classroom setting approved by the Administration.
(7) "DIP" means a driver improvement program approved by the Administration to provide driver rehabilitation and education.
(8) "Program" means a driver rehabilitation and education program authorized under Transportation Article, §§16-212 and 16-212.1, Annotated Code of Maryland, and this chapter.
(9) "Provider" means a business entity, organization, or individual approved by the Administration to conduct driver rehabilitation and educational programs.
(10) "3-Hour ADEP" means a 3-hour alcohol and drug education program approved by the Administration and the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Administration to provide alcohol and drug education.