A. Every licensed automotive dismantler and recycler or scrap processor shall use its business license number when entering information into the Administrationís designeeís electronic system, on all forms, and in all advertisements, including any statements or representations made in any newspaper, pamphlet, circular, other publication, including but not limited to electronic media, radio or television, and in or on any notice, handbill, sign, billboard, poster, bill catalog, letter, or business card.
B. Every vehicle, body, or chassis reported in the Administrationís designeeís electronic system, and which is held for longer than the end of the first business day following the date of the transaction, shall be tagged with a numbered identification device which shall:
(1) Be furnished by the Administration;
(2) Be fastened securely to the vehicle in such a position as prescribed by the Administration; and
(3) Agree with the identification number listed for the vehicle on all forms required by the Administration and in the Administrationís designeeís electronic system.
C. Except as provided in §E(2) of this regulation, a licensed automotive dismantler and recycler or scrap processor shall:
(1) Transmit, electronically, to the Administrationís designee, by the end of the first business day following the date of the transaction, information on every vehicle acquired by the licensed automotive dismantler and recycler or scrap processor at the location for which the license was issued; and
(2) If not currently conducting business, submit a report of no business by the end of the month, even if there are no vehicles acquired or disposed of during the month.
D. Acquisition of Vehicles By a Scrap Processor From Other Than a Licensed Automotive Dismantler and Recycler.
(1) A printout of the notification made in accordance with §C(1) of this regulation, along with the certificate of title of the vehicle, or other documentary evidence of ownership acceptable to the Administration, shall be retained by the scrap processor for a period of 3 years.
(2) The Administration shall consider the date of acquisition as the date of destruction of the vehicle.
E. Transfer of a Vehicle From an Automotive Dismantler and Recycler To a Scrap Processor.
(1) Upon transfer of a vehicle from an automotive dismantler and recycler to a scrap processor, the automotive dismantler and recycler shall electronically notify the Administrationís designee of the conveyance of ownership.
(2) For vehicles that have been flattened or cubed, the scrap processor shall maintain a record of the business license of the automotive dismantler and recycler and the details of the transaction.