A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the Motor Vehicle Administration.
(2) "Certification of last known residence" means a form required by the Administration stating the last known address of the nonresident as certified by the party or party's attorney of record seeking to serve the Administration as statutory agent on behalf of the nonresident.
(3) "Motor vehicle" has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, §11-135, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(4) "Investigation Division" means the Investigation Division of the Motor Vehicle Administration.
(5) "Nonresident" has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, §11-139, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(6) "Nonresident motor vehicle cases" means court cases involving motor vehicle accidents or collisions by nonresident drivers in which the Administration is authorized by law to accept service of process, as stated in Transportation Article, §12-104(f), Annotated Code of Maryland, and this chapter.
(7) "Service of process" means the service of a summons, subpoena, or other process issued under Court and Judicial Proceedings Article, §6-313, Annotated Code of Maryland.