A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration.
(2) "Approved service provider" or "service provider" has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, §16-404.1, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(3) "BAC" means the breath alcohol concentration determined by a breath analyzer that measures the amount of alcohol in an individual's breath.
(4) "Ignition interlock device" or "interlock device" means an ignition interlock system as defined under Transportation Article, §21-902.2, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(5) "Interlock" means the mechanism by which a motor vehicle is prevented from starting when the test result of an individual's breath alcohol analysis exceeds a preset alcohol concentration level.
(6) "Participant" means an individual enrolled in the Ignition Interlock System Program.
(7) "Program" means the Ignition Interlock System Program established by the Administration under Transportation Article, §16-404.1, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(8) "Reporting period" means the time period that begins at the time of installation of the ignition interlock device and reoccurs every 30 days thereafter until the successful completion of the Program.
(9) “Service Provider Certification” means an electronic verification that the data recorded by the device, and certified as accurate by the participant’s approved service provider, and transmitted to the Administration in the 3 consecutive months prior to the participant’s completion date did not contain any of the violations specified in Transportation Article, §16-404.1(n), Annotated Code of Maryland.
(10) "Successful completion" means satisfactorily fulfilling all the conditions for participation in the Program and the Administration is in receipt of the Service Provider Certification.