A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Act" means Transportation Article, Title 4, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(2) "Authority" means the Maryland Transportation Authority.
(3) "Chairman" means the Secretary of the Maryland Department of Transportation.
(4) “Executive Director” means the Executive Director of the Maryland Transportation Authority.
(5) "Minority business enterprise" means a certified minority business enterprise under State Finance and Procurement Article, §14-301, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(6) "Nonprofit organization" means a not-for-profit corporation, foundation, or other legal entity that is exempt from federal income tax under §501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
(7) "Priority funding area" means a priority funding area under State Finance and Procurement Article, §5-7B-02, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(8) "Proposer" means a government agency, county, municipality, nonprofit organization, or private entity submitting a proposal to the Authority under this chapter.
(9) "Resolution" means a resolution adopted by the affirmative vote of a majority of the appointed members of the Authority and concurred in by the Chairman.
(10) "Smart Growth" means the State Economic Growth, Resource Protection, and Planning Policy under State Finance and Procurement Article, Title 5, Subtitle 7B, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(11) "Successful proposer" means a proposer whose proposal for a vehicle parking facility project has been evaluated, and approved for financing by, the Authority.
(12) "Transit-oriented development" means a place of high population density that includes a mixture of residential, employment, shopping, and civic uses located near a bus or rail transit center.
(13) "Vehicle parking facility" means a controlled entrance and exit building, structure, surface lot, and other facility for parking vehicles, for which fees or charges are established for the use of the facility.