A. Equipment Operators.
(1) Equipment operators shall have in their possession a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) with a minimum rating of Class B.
(2) Equipment operators shall be familiar with and comply with all Maryland vehicle laws.
(3) Equipment operators shall be fully trained and thoroughly familiar with the operation of the equipment being used.
(4) Permittees may not employ equipment operators under this regulation who have been convicted of:
(a) A felony;
(b) A misdemeanor directly related to towing, road service, or storage of vehicles;
(c) Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any controlled dangerous substance; or
(d) A criminal traffic offense.
B. Facilities. A permittee shall have available on its premises the following facilities for use by the motorists of disabled vehicles:
(1) A waiting room;
(2) A public telephone;
(3) Toilet facilities;
(4) A garage equipped and maintained to furnish prompt repair service for vehicles towed to its location for repairs, or the ability to arrange for prompt repair service; and
(5) A storage space of approximately 50 feet by 100 feet, adequately safeguarded against vandalism and theft, to store towed vehicles.
C. Stored vehicles may only be claimed during normal business hours, unless alternative arrangements are made at least 24 hours in advance.