A. A towing service company may not provide towing, road service, or storage of disabled or impounded vehicles on or from Authority property unless the towing service company has been granted a permit under these regulations.
B. At least every 5 years, the Authority shall publish on its website and through eMaryland Marketplace a notice of the open application period to apply for a permit under these regulations.
C. Upon such notice, a towing service company shall file an application for a permit with the Maryland Transportation Authority Police in order to obtain a permit to provide towing, road service, and storage of vehicles on Authority property.
D. Applications shall be made on a form provided by the Authority, and shall include:
(1) The name, address, and telephone number of the towing service company;
(2) The name of the owner or operator of the towing service company;
(3) The forms of ownership (for example, sole owner, corporation, limited liability company, or partnership, etc.) of the towing service company;
(4) The Authority property or zone for which the towing service company desires a permit;
(5) A certification that the towing service company meets the general requirements for all permits as set forth in Regulations .07 and .08;
(6) A certification the towing service company:
(a) Is registered in accordance with the Corporations and Associations Article, Annotated Code of Maryland, where applicable;
(b) Is in good standing and has filed all of its annual reports and filing fees with the State Department of Assessments and Taxation;
(c) Has filed with the State Department of Assessments and Taxation the name and address of its resident agent;
(d) Has paid, or has arranged for payment of, all taxes due to the State, except those which have been validly contested;
(e) Has filed all required returns and reports with the Comptroller of the Treasury, the State Department of Assessments and Taxation, and the Maryland Department of Labor, as applicable;
(f) Has paid all withholding taxes due to the State; and
(g) Has paid all tolls and civil penalties assessed from citations that are due to the Authority, except those which have been validly contested.
(7) An agreement to allow the Maryland Transportation Authority Police or a designated representative to inspect the applicant's equipment and place of business before and at any time during the permit period; and
(8) Any organization that provides services to individuals on the road for which the towing service company is an authorized provider.
E. The term of each permit is 5 years, and may be renewed in accordance with these regulations.
F. Each permittee is subject to an annual inspection by the Authority or its agent, which shall include inspection of both the equipment and the premises of the permittee for compliance with the requirements of these regulations. If the permittee fails to pass the inspection, the permit may be suspended or revoked.