A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Abandoned" means a motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, unauthorized article, or piece of equipment that:
(a) Is inoperable and left unattended on MTA property for more than 48 hours;
(b) Has remained illegally on MTA property for more than 48 hours; or
(c) Has remained on MTA property for more than 48 hours, and is:
(i) Not displaying currently valid registration plates, or
(ii) Displaying registration plates of another vehicle.
(2) "Administration" means the Maryland Transit Administration of the Department of Transportation established pursuant to the Transportation Article, §7-201, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(3) "Administrator" means the Maryland Transit Administrator, whose office is established pursuant to the Transportation Article, §7-202, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(4) "Authorized" means acting under or pursuant to a written contract, permit, or other evidence of right issued by the MTA.
(5) "Bus" means a motor vehicle that is designed to carry more than 10 passengers and is used to carry people, is operated by the MTA on a fixed route and predetermined schedule or under charter service, or is operated by an authorized private carrier.
(6) "Department" means the Maryland Department of Transportation.
(7) "Disabled parking areas" means those designated parking areas on MTA property upon which MTA transit patrons may park motor vehicles bearing either a valid handicapped license plate or other valid evidence that the user of the motor vehicle is handicapped as provided under Maryland law.
(8) "Kiss-and-ride parking lot" means a designated parking area on MTA property upon which MTA transit patrons may be discharged from or picked up as passengers in a motor vehicle during the posted hours of MTA transit operations.
(9) "Law enforcement officer" means any person vested with a police power of arrest under federal, State, county or city authority, and identifiable by uniform, badge, or other evidence of authority.
(10) "Motor vehicle" means any device in, on, or by which a person or property is or might be transported on or towed upon land and includes vehicles towed by another motor vehicle.
(11) "Motor Vehicle Administration" means the Motor Vehicle Administration of the Department of Transportation, established pursuant to the Transportation Article, §12-101, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(12) "MTA" means the Maryland Transit Administration.
(13) "MTA property" means all property owned, leased, or operated by or under the control of the Maryland Transit Administration.
(14) "Operator" means a person who is in actual physical control of a motor vehicle.
(15) "Owner" means a person who holds the legal title to a motor vehicle, including a secured party indicated on the motor vehicle title.
(16) "Park and ride lot" means a designated parking area on MTA property upon which MTA transit patrons may park their motor vehicles unattended in designated areas, stalls, or bays during hours of MTA operations.
(17) "Parking" means the standing or parking of a motor vehicle, attended or unattended, upon MTA property.
(18) "Parking lot" means any designated parking area on MTA property, such as employee and public areas.
(19) "Person" means any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, company, association, or joint stock association, and includes any trustee, receiver, committee, assignee or other representative of them.
(20) "Road" means any roadway on MTA property.
(21) "State" means the State of Maryland.
(22) "Transit patron" means a person upon MTA property for the purpose of using the MTA's public transportation services available at that site.