A. One Escort. The permittee shall provide one escort vehicle for a permit move while it is traveling any highway in the State if the permit move is:
(1) More than 13 feet wide, unless the load is a manufactured housing unit;
(2) More than 85 feet long;
(3) 14 feet 6 inches high or more (pole vehicle required);
(4) More than 60 tons gross weight;
(5) Construction equipment over 12 feet wide traveling off the interstate system; or
(6) Traveling when weather or road conditions justify the requirement of one escort vehicle.
B. Two Escorts. The permittee shall provide two escort vehicles for a permit move if the permit move is:
(1) 14 feet wide or more including a load that is a manufactured housing unit;
(2) 140 feet long or more;
(3) Traveling a road too narrow to allow other vehicles to pass safely in either direction;
(4) Traveling against traffic that will have to be diverted or stopped; or
(5) Traveling when weather or road conditions justify the requirement of two escort vehicles.