A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Administration" means the State Highway Administration.
(2) "Axle weight" has the meaning stated in Transportation Article, Title 24, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(3) "Excessive size" means an overall dimension of 16 feet or more in height, 16 feet or more in width, or 100 feet or more in length.
(4) "Excessive weight" means a gross vehicle weight exceeding 60 tons (120,000 pounds).
(5) "Oversize" means dimensions of length, width, or height that exceed the limits allowed by Transportation Article, Title 24, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(6) "Overweight" means weights that exceed the limits allowed by Transportation Article, Title 24, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(6-1) "Permittee" means the person or entity to whom a permit is issued by the Unit and includes the person who is operating a vehicle under authority of that permit.
(7) "Special mobile equipment" means a vehicle that is not used primarily for highway transportation of people or property and is operated or moved on a highway only as an incident to its nonhighway use.
(8) "Special vehicle" means a vehicle of special design which cannot comply with Maryland size or weight limits or qualify as special mobile equipment. The special vehicle may carry equipment for its designed purpose.
(9) "Unit" means the Hauling Permits Unit of the Motor Carrier Division, Office of Traffic and Safety, State Highway Administration.