(1) A traffic control officer shall successfully pass a preemployment background investigation and may not have been convicted of a felony.
(2) A traffic control officer who fails to maintain a good character shall be relieved immediately of the authority to issue citations under these regulations and Transportation Article, §5-212.1, Annotated Code of Maryland.
B. Experience and Education. A traffic control officer shall:
(1) Have a minimum of 1 year of experience as a security officer or in a closely related field; and
(2) Possess a high school diploma or a State equivalence certificate.
(1) An individual designated as a traffic control officer shall be trained in:
(a) All provisions of COMAR 11.03.01 and 11.03.02 relating to traffic control and traffic regulations;
(b) The preparation of citations;
(c) The areas of customer service, conflict resolution, Airport operations, and organization; and
(d) Courtroom procedures, including courtroom demeanor and case presentation.
(2) The training shall consist of a minimum of 12 hours covering the subject areas in §C(1) of this regulation.