A. "Administration" means the Maryland Aviation Administration of the Maryland Department of Transportation.
B. "Airport" refers to a combination of one or more designated landing areas and any surrounding support facilities.
C. "Commercial use airport" means any airport which:
(1) Charges landing or tie down fees;
(2) Sells aviation fuel or oil;
(3) Rents space;
(4) Sells goods or services, whether for profit or not;
(5) Engages in any activity for which fees are charged or payment is received; or
(6) Engages in any combination of the above activities.
D. "Designated landing area" means any surface on land, on water, or on a structure which is specifically adapted and maintained for the landing and taking off of aircraft. It does not include a location used only as the point of departure or only as the destination of an aircraft operation.
E. "FAA" means Federal Aviation Administration.
F. "Noncommercial use airport" means any airport which is not a commercial use airport.
G. "Occasional guest" when used in conjunction with an airport, means any individual invited to use an airport for infrequent, irregular flight operations.
H. "Person" means any:
(1) County, municipal corporation, or other political subdivision of the State or any of their units;
(2) Individual receiver, trustee, guardian, executor, administrator, fiduciary, or representative of any kind; or
(3) Partnership, firm, association, public or private corporation, or any other entity.
I. "Private use airport" means any airport which the owner or person having a right of access and control authorizes use only to specific designated individuals and occasional guests.
J. "Public use airport" means any airport, whether privately or publicly owned, which the owner or persons having a right of access and control invite, encourage, or allow flight operations by the public. Any airport that is not a private use airport is a public use airport.