A. Definitions. Acoustic terminology definitions used in this regulation have the same meanings as stated in COMAR 11.03.03.01A.
B. BWI Noise Zone.
(1) The BWI Noise Zone is established pursuant to the Maryland Environmental Noise Act of 1974 (Transportation Article, §§5-805, 5-806, and 5-819, Annotated Code of Maryland).
(2) The Executive Director shall update and recertify the Airport Noise Zone as required by developing contours of equal noise exposure using day-night average sound levels (Ldn) to determine the extent of impacted land uses.
(3) The certified Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) Noise Zone consists of the 65, 70, and 75 Ldn contours overprinted on county tax maps as indicated as follows:
(a) Airport Noise Zone Map;
(b) Tax Map Index;
(c) Anne Arundel County Tax Maps 3, 4, 8, 9, and 15;
(d) Howard County Tax Maps 38, and 44.
(4) The noise zone is a composite of the 65, 70, and 75 Ldn noise contours for the base year of 2014 and future years of 2019 and 2024.
(5) The noise zone reflects the projected future use of the Airport, including existing and planned projects in the Master Plan or Capital Program that influence future Airport use.
C. BWI Noise Abatement Plan.
(1) The BWI Noise Abatement Plan is established pursuant to the Maryland Environmental Noise Act of 1974 (Transportation Article, §§5-805, 5-806, and 5-819, Annotated Code of Maryland).
(2) The Executive Director shall review and update the BWI Noise Abatement Plan as required.
(3) All entities which use the Airport facilities shall comply with the BWI Noise Abatement Plan.
(4) The elements contained in the BWI Noise Abatement Plan are as follows:
(a) Modified departure procedures;
(b) Modified visual flight rule (VFR) arrival procedures;
(c) Preferred runway use system;
(d) Ground noise measures;
(e) Continued restricted use of Runway 04/22;
(f) Cooperative airlines/airport program;
(g) Continued control of incompatible development;
(h) Continued monitoring and annual review; and
(i) Noise assistance program.