A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Allotted leave" means a benefit which the Department is either required to provide, for example, personal leave, or which the Department has the option of providing, for example, advanced sick leave.
(1-1) "Disaster service leave" means leave with pay that may be allotted to an employee to serve during a disaster.
(1-2) "Donated leave" means leave donated under the Employee-to-Employee Leave Donation Program specified in Regulation .15 of this chapter by one employee to another employee for a serious and prolonged medical condition.
(2) "Earned leave" means a benefit which an employee obtains by performing work, for example, annual leave.
(3) "Employee" means a member of the Career Service, Commission Plan, or Executive Service.
(4) "Full-time employee" means an employee whose standard workweek is at least 40 hours during a 7-day period between Wednesday and Tuesday.
(5) "Leave" means an approved absence from work, with a minimum use rate of 0.1 hour.
(5-1) "Leave bank leave" means leave granted to an employee who is a member of the State Employees' Leave Bank, as specified in Regulation .15 of this chapter, for a serious and prolonged medical condition.
(6) "Leave with pay" means leave during which an employee receives compensation.
(7) "Leave without pay" means leave during which an employee does not receive cash compensation.
(8) "Overtime" means time spent performing work in excess of 40 hours during a 7-day period between Wednesday and Tuesday or in excess of a tour of duty designated by the appointing authority or the appointing authority's designee for law enforcement or fire protection personnel.
(9) "Part-time employee" means an employee whose standard work hours are less than 40 hours per workweek, and whose fringe benefits are prorated to the extent applicable by law.
(10) "Workday" means the number of hours specified by an appointing authority or the appointing authority's designee in an employee work schedule.