A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Contested case" means a proceeding so defined under the Maryland Administrative Procedure Act.
(2) "Decision maker" means the person or persons with authority to decide a contested case.
(3) "Department" means the Maryland Department of Transportation or any of its units.
(4) "Party" means one whose legal rights, duties, statutory entitlements, or privileges will be affected by the outcome of a contested case.
(5) "Presiding officer" means the individual or individuals authorized to conduct a contested case hearing.