A. In this chapter, the following terms have the meanings indicated.
B. Terms Defined.
(1) "Act" means the Public Information Act, State Government Article, §§10-61110-628, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(2) "Applicant" means a person or government unit that asks to inspect a public record.
(3) "Custodian" means an authorized person employed by the Department having physical custody and control of public records of the Department.
(4) "Department" means the Department of Transportation.
(5) "Official custodian" means and includes whomever the Secretary of Transportation shall appoint in the Departmental headquarters elements, the administrations, and the various Departmental boards and commissions (including the Transportation Authority), who are responsible for the maintenance, care, and keeping of public records, regardless of whether these records are in the official custodian's actual personal custody and control.
(6) "Public records" has the meaning stated in State Government Article, §10-611, Annotated Code of Maryland.
(7) "Secretary" means the Secretary of Transportation.
(8) “Sociological information” means:
(a) Social Security number;
(b) Personal address;
(c) Personal phone number;
(d) Personal email address;
(e) Date of birth; and
(f) Driver’s license number.
(9) "Working day" means every day except Saturdays, Sundays, and State holidays.