A. The Action Plan is:
(1) The planning process for State highway and other transportation projects; and
(2) Designed to assure that adequate consideration is given to possible social, economic, and environmental effects of proposed projects, and that decisions on these projects are made in the best overall public interest.
B. The Action Plan establishes the organizational arrangements, the assignment of responsibilities, and the procedures to be followed to assure that:
(1) The social, economic, and environmental effects of proposed projects are identified;
(2) Alternative courses of action are considered; and
(3) Other governmental agencies and the public are involved throughout the planning process.