A. In addition to the application requirements for all community-based behavioral health services licenses, the provisions of this regulation apply to all applicants for licenses to provide community-based behavioral health services, if the license is permitted by this subtitle to be non-accreditation-based.
B. A program applying for a non-accreditation-based license to provide community-based behavioral health services shall pass an inspection by the Department, or its designee, of all of the programís sites before issuance of the license;
C. The on-site inspection conducted under §B of this regulation shall include:
(1) A tour of the physical plant for safety and quality and compliance with regulations and codes;
(2) Interviews with the staff to verify training and competencies; and
(3) A review of emergency and disaster preparedness systems.
D. During the on-site inspection, the Department shall ascertain whether the physical plant:
(1) Provides sufficient space for required services;
(2) Is appropriately furnished, well lit, adequately ventilated, and easily accessible;
(3) Is maintained in good repair, safe, clean and free of insects and rodents and hazards;
(4) Provides secure storage for participant records;
(5) Provides for the safe and sanitary disposal of trash; and
(6) Provides marked fire exits and the posting of evacuation routes.